Thursday, November 09, 2006

KL biz trip - day 3

Today was a rather slow day; spent most of it clearing and finishing up my SG work. Had lunch at this place called La Bodega – check out pictures of the beef pie and the roast chicken that ML had. It is like this small café cum deli that serves alcohol in the day time and tapas.

Decided to do some walking around after work at the mega-mall next to my hotel. Realised that after walking around the place for the fourth or fifth time, that there really isn’t anything that interesting anymore. Bought another long sleeve round tee at Zara. Wandered around the lower ground (LG) floor. This is like their basement just above the carpark. It’s where all the food, supermarkets and bakeries are. Dunkin’ Donuts too!

I had dinner at the “All Sports Bar” after that. The experience reminded me of this module I did in the university titled “Sociology of Food”. Humans are such social creatures that they do not want to eat alone. Since my colleagues all had something on, I was eating alone. I remember part of the module required us to record a notebook of the feelings we experience when we sat alone in a public place and ate. There was this flashback I had earlier today when I remembered becoming more acutely aware of the diners at the next table, that the only source of distraction became a focal point (in today’s case, the large screen showing soccer) as well as how observant I became of my surroundings. Waiter picking up a knife two tables down? Noted that. My food coming from around a blind spot? Aha! Gotcha!

Well it’s the last night here in KL for this trip. Cannot wait to get back home…*grin*

0 straight, not straightened:

Post a Comment

<< Home