Thursday, April 05, 2007

YMIR regional finals@St James Powerstation

sometimes I think that all I ever go to St James for is for work. always this event or that (work) party, or some product launch or some vendor friend's industry night. I honestly do not think that I have, or at the moment, would, on a Friday evening, make my way down to St James.

nothing against the venue. it's just the location. look, even if I go to vivocity for a movie premiere (which is the only reason why I go vivo anyways)...it hasn't struck me to walk across the road to St James. the place just seems boring.

give me (urgh) kandibar or (double urgh) MOS...on some days.

so anyway, I was at the "Grand Regional Finals" of the "You Make It Reel" Nokia competition on the eve of Good Friday. working of cos. what did you think? I like to internalise it as having to work for my alcohol. makes time pass faster.

early lesson of the evening: if you want to hold event at the main St James, please QC the food and menu items.

it was a good event la, lots of crowd, lots of alcohol. being in the VIP section next to stage has its privileges. food sucked tho. otherwise, the night had its own magic. next day was a holiday; everyone seemed to want to just chill and let the night slowly go by.add alcohol to that mix and it was a good excuse as any for catching up with some friends, watching some others make fools of themselves...and of cos, had to network slightly. still, I have been in harder places lar.


Labels: , , ,

1 straight, not straightened:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home