Sunday, February 05, 2006

Schnappi das kleine Krokodil !

alright everyone...here's the dirt on this song that seems to be invading every female's nano, iPod, zen, WM on PDA, RealPlayer on Nokia, and other assorted devices.

apparently, some 4-year-old German girl named Joy Gruttman wrote and recorded a song called 'Snappy the little crocodile' which was posted to her family's web site. Then, as all good stories go, it turns out a Cologne radio station discovered the song and started playing it on the air. This, in turn, led to people calling in to request the song...several million times. So. Now there are like a gazillion remixes ( dance mix, beat mix and a pop mix, chinese mix, karoke mix) and it is also the #1 song on the German pop charts!

*incredulous*

here's some more information to make you sound really intelligent at the next get-together/gathering.

1. thelittle girl was all of 6 years old when she recorded the song, not 4 as is commonly assumed.
2. she didn't write it. hell no! her aunt who just happens to be a professional children's song writer wrote the words and composed the tune. (don't you love the way coincidences turn out in this reality?)

and here's the translation - for those of you females who actually read this far.

I am Schnappi, the little crocodile,
I live in Egypt, right next to the Nile,
first I lived in an egg,
but then shnapped my way free

chorus
Schni-schna-schnappi schnappi-schnappi-schnapp.....

I am Schnappi the little crocodile,
have sharp teeth and mighty many of them,
I shnap what's there to shnap
I shnap and am good at it

chorus

I am Schnappi the little crocodile
I love to shnap,
that's my favourite play
I sneak up to mumand show her how well I shnap

chorus

I am Schnappi the little crocodile
I'm never tired of shnapping
I shnap daddy's leg
and then just fall asleep

chorus

0 straight, not straightened:

Post a Comment

<< Home